Mostly Bollogs, I'm afraid

But occasionally, a glimmer of truth.
If you find one, please let me know.



Wednesday 10 September 2014

Dementia

I read today in the news about the horrendous scam whereby a person with dementia costs £30K a year to keep, and they have to pay £20K themselves.

These figures are rounded because I can't be arsed to look them up.

If you have, say, cancer, it costs about the same but you don't have to pay.

Now, please have a go at the system, the evil Tories, whatever, while I tell you some facts.

People with dementia largely sit around all day, not having any idea what day it is, what time it is, what their name is, or who you are when you visit them. Don't argue, because this is true. My mum had it, I go regularly to see my mate's mum who also has it.

I live very well indeed on a whole heck of a lot less than £30K a year, and that includes all the alcohol I can drink, all the fags I can smoke, and all the curry I can fit in my neck.

So what? I hear you ask.

This is what. If I put ten of me in here, I could live on about a ninth of what I live on. Add to that the Phillipino, etc., staff, who are paid absolute pittances.

Dementia patients do not get medical care, unless they need a doctor, who is then brought in. And is on the NHS.

Now. Ask this question. WHY does it cost £30K a year?

The answer is: it doesn't. It never did. But as long as there are rascals who want to make money hand over fist, it will cost £30K a year.

And nobody will believe me. And this rumour will carry on circulating, and nothing will be done.

Bollocks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It costs this much as no-one in the public sector seems to know how to price anything from sellotape to an aircraft hanger. Why should they especially as when they do massively cock up they get bailed out using taxpayer’s money. Nor do they learn from the echoing mantra of lessons learned EVER. It’s an ad nauseam two fingered salute to the private sector who generate the taxes to pay for their cyclic failures and some of their “oversights” have cost hundreds of millions with nothing to show for it. But if you drop a fag on the pavement and a plastic plod comes along does A or B happen. A: Being told don’t do it again and learn a lesson. Or B: Get fined, name published in local paper etc etc. Hmmm tricky one that.