Mostly Bollogs, I'm afraid

But occasionally, a glimmer of truth.
If you find one, please let me know.



Monday 1 September 2014

For Sam

Here's a silly thing. I can't say too much in case matey identifies himself.

I have a friend who happens to be a professor in a physics department at a leading British university. He has been this for a lot (really a lot) of years. He has three doctorates. God knows why.

He has a big interest in cars. He had been to see a new thing where the power steering was all electric, and was telling me how absolutely fab that was.

I asked why. Cos I'm stupid like that. He explained that because it was electric it didn't use any fuel.

You can see this coming, can't you?

I pointed out that the electricity has to come from somewhere, very possibly by the alternator in the car recharging the battery, perhaps, using the power from the engine, which uses fuel? He said "no," because he is a professor of physics.

I just despair sometimes.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Marvo you are just not up to speed and are seeing his notion from the wrong end of the speculum. It is fizziks. The IKS bit stands for invisible kinetic storage, which traditionally emanates from the power generated by his bri-nylon shirt charging his polyester vest and pants as his arms swing wildly as he postulates about string vest theory and something about Schrodinger and hat on a cat or something like that. Simples.