Mostly Bollogs, I'm afraid

But occasionally, a glimmer of truth.
If you find one, please let me know.



Monday 10 January 2011

argh

I am having trouble explaining myself in 140 characters. Being fair, if I wrote what I meant in a tome the size of War and Peace I'd still have trouble explaining myself.

There can only two reasons for this. One is that I am thick, the other is that you are. Read this and convince me that it is me, not you.

Now, this is all about robbery. Robbery by our esteemed State.

I work. I do this in order to get a thing called money. Money can be used to buy beer and so it is good.

The money that I get is used to pay for things like petrol/diesel, so I can get to this thing called "work". I am robbed each time I buy this fuel. I am robbed constantly. I cannot get out of bed without being robbed.

The money which is stolen from me is used to pay people who for reasons of disability, uselessness, bone-idleness or just sheer bloody-mindedness do not do very much in the grand scheme of things.

I have no problem with the first case, the vast majority of disabled people are unable to work because either they can't get there or simply can't do any sort of job. This is sad, but I guess unavoidable.

I have a huge problem with the other cases, because it is a situation in which society has managed to manoeuvre itself, aided and abetted by the whingeing left.

I personally think that those who do not work from choice or because they are unable to find work should be given work to do, and they shouldn't be paid unless they do it. I can't see anyone in their right mind arguing with that.

But I also think, putting myself in the position of someone who CAN'T work, that I'd go mad if I didn't. I'd WANT to do something.

Some clown has suggested that people would not want to work without getting any extra money. The way I see it is that the money is being paid anyway. And if work can be done, and that work is useful to someone, then that someone should pay at least the nominal  value of the work.

And stop robbing me.

That's what I think.

Now start bleating.

1 comment:

JohnRS said...

Accepting what you say about those who are disabled, if we stopped having "benefits" and started having a "social wage" that needed to be earned, the idle and feckless might eventually begin to understand what the working population already knows - that you don't get owt for nowt.