Mostly Bollogs, I'm afraid

But occasionally, a glimmer of truth.
If you find one, please let me know.



Tuesday 21 June 2011

Division

I'm afraid the time has come, as the walrus said, to talk of many things.

Not shoes, nor string, nor sealing wax, not even cabbages, nor kings.

But there is going to be a division, I'm afraid. A huge division. Not like the constant bickering between the party faithfuls of the Left and the Right. Not even the North and the South.

It's whole countries, whole paradigms, whole currencies, whole industries.

Looks like Greece is going tits-up. Not a surprise to anyone who understands that people want, want, want all the time. Personally, I'd swap the finery and nicely-mown parks of the UK for a bit of Greek sunshine and taramasalata any day, but my priorities are different from most people's.

But there are people with a huge vested interest in Greece being in the EU, and the Euro, and everything working according to plan. And those people will be smarting badly if it goes wrong.

On the other hand, there are people like me who are probably more cynical about the whole social engineering experiment and gravy train that is the EU.

I think it WILL go bad. And I HOPE it does. There, I've said it.

That will alienate me from some people for whom I have very much respect and affection.

Shit happens.

No comments: