Mostly Bollogs, I'm afraid

But occasionally, a glimmer of truth.
If you find one, please let me know.



Friday 26 March 2010

Straw

A little straw poll. I can't do polls, because I am crap at it. So you have to pretend.

Pretend these boxes are real and you can tick them.

o I AM GOING TO VOTE LABOUR BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE THE RIGHT PARTY TO MEND THE ECONOMY.

o I AM NOT GOING TO VOTE LABOUR BECAUSE IT IS CLEAR TO ME THAT THEY HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT ECONOMICS.

Now, Labour voters, those that always vote Labour, the ones who would vote for a donkey if it sported a red rosette, will press button A. I can't find any of those, so please, if you know someone, send them a link to this so they can vote.

Now, Labour voters, please take a look at this graph. It shows the net debt of the country over the years. Debt is not GOOD, it is where the country OWES money and that money comes from YOU.

UP is BAD in this graph. More UP means more DEBT which is BAD. Of course, there was the global banking crisis which was definitely NOT Labour's fault. They said so.

Being fair, when Gordon, the champion of Keynesian economics, and self-admitted innumerate, was in number 11, things went swimmingly. MARVEL at the FALL in debt of nearly 50 billion POUNDS, in the early years. What MAGIC he must have DONE!

Then consider the more sobering fact that, at that time, he sold over half of the country's GOLD reserves at rock-bottom prices, raising £3.5 BILLION, and had the WINDFALL from the auction of 3G licences of £22 BILLION (obviously paid for by everyone with a mobile phone). And then it all got WORSE again.

And it has got WORSE ever SINCE.

Now, dear Labour voter. It is NOT too LATE to change your MIND.

Be honest. Did you initially tick the FIRST box?

Will you now tick the SECOND box?

Or would you like a third box?

o I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS BUT I WILL STILL VOTE LABOUR BECAUSE I AM IN FACT COMPLETELY BLOODY STUPID.

There is no hope, is there?

Still, if you want to, put the reason why in the comment box below. That's DOWN there. I am all for FAIRNESS and EQUALITY.

(the capitals are so Labour voters will be able to read it, like in the papers)

3 comments:

Donkey derby said...

I meet many drone Labour voters and i find one thing that marks them out is their insistence that government debt is an entirely divorced entity from personal debt.
Good luck in attempting to teach them otherwise.

Uncle Marvo said...

Oh, I do.

What I do is to run up debts then expect someone else to pay them back.

Brilliant plan. I could teach the government a thing or to, I can tell you.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Anyone who votes is a tosser.